PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes LAY’S ®, DORITOS ®, CHEETOS ®, GATORADE ®, PEPSI ®, QUAKER ® and more. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we are dynamic and full of passionate teams that embrace new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, we know that our company can only succeed when our associates and the society we serve flourishes. We are committed to fostering a diverse workforce by creating a collaborative, equitable and inclusive space where everyone, regardless of what we look like, where we come from or who we love, has a voice. At PepsiCo we create a Space to be y( )u.
Learn more about our culture and life at PepsiCo: https://stories.pepsicojobs.com/
What will you work on:
- Project Manager for the PC&STAX Technical Platforms, leading the development and deployment of both product and process solutions, throughout four types of R&D enabled projects (Innovation, Productivity, Technical Brandstewarship and Business continuity).
- Act as the Region R&D (Andean, Brazil and South Cone) Product & Process Developer / Specialist point of contact with Global R&D PC Platform and Product & Process Functions Teams, landing global guidelines for new process equipment, new seasoning systems, new ingredients and formulas.
- Ensure process standardization and necessary technology upgrade recommendation for the related technical platform across Brazil, Andean & SoCo OUs.
- Provide guidance and ensure alignment within Operations and Engineering teams for the definition of new process equipment to deliver all type of projects, ensuring quality superiority versus key competitors.
- The associate will report directly to the R&D PC Platform and will manage critical information of new formulas, product design, processes, investments, and strategic plans for the future.
- Holistically manage R&D projects for Innovation, Productivity, Technical Brand Stewardship and Business Continuity across Andean, Brazil and South Cone OUs.
- Lead technical solutions and process definitions for the related Technical Platform, including innovation pipeline, productivity projects, brand stewardship and business continuity projects.
- Lead the R&D Technical Stage Gate, developing and delivering product solutions that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
- Guarantee flawless and consistent execution of the product & process development activities related to the Platform.
- Guarantee process definition, assuring product design in-plant, according to consumer research and business strategy.
- Lift and shift innovation, Productivity or Tech Brand Stewardship initiatives, taking into consideration global, regional and local guidelines or requirements.
- Work effectively with multi-functional team, providing timely technical inputs to the team, aiming the best cost/benefit solutions and defining the most efficient paths towards product & process technologies.
- Lead the development of new winning product designs and guarantee its implementation, working together with Global, Regional and Local R&D teams.
- Work together with engineering and operations on the definition of new process equipment for new lines, ensuring deploying the correct product design.
- Ensure Global R&D Function alignment of the new investments for Andean, Brazil and South Cone OUs.
- Lead copacker product & process development, ensuring the appropriate design and reviewing technical information.
- Ensure the delivery of all plant technical information (process manual, cleaning procedures, quality monitoring, etc.).
- Build process technical networking between Global and Regional R&D.
- Lead projects kick off and Commissioning for new line and equipment across Andean, Brazil and South Cone OUs.
- Train all needed people about the platform (Innovation, Productivity, Tech Brand stewardship or Business Continuity, assuring the information is clear for plant operators, supervisors and managers.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Food Science or related discipline.
- Background in development and commercialization of Potato Chips new products strongly desired.
- Proven track record on Project Management skills & tools (MBA or PMP certification desired), including ability to succinctly define the project scope, work to a defined timeline and communicate project progress to stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with minimum need of supervision.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team in a virtual and matrixed organization.
- Strong technical and analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful data/information.
- Have great communication skills in multiple languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese), being able to positively influence and negotiate within all levels of the organization (from front line, plant operators up to Senior Business Partners and Executives).
- Highly effective presentation skills, both written & verbal.
- Agile mindset, Self-starter, self-motivated, demonstrate resilience while managing a multi-disciplinary team in a constant volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrate thought leadership, strategic thinking, agility, proactiveness and good / balanced emotional intelligence.
- Results-oriented, ability to manage multiple projects and able to multi-task, while delivering with high quality standards.
- Demonstrate executive professional maturity, cultural sensitivity and flexibility in responding to different cultures across Andean, Brazil and South Cone OUs.
- Results oriented and able to balance competing priorities without losing momentum.
- Ability and willingness to learn lessons from previous experiences and apply those lessons to new situations (Learning agility).
- Leadership, proactiveness, stress management, emotional intelligence management and strategic thinking.
- Able to clearly communicate both technical and business information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration throughout a matrixed environment across all OUs.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity in order to discover new business opportunities and technical solutions.
Instructions for internal candidates (Elegibility guidelines):
- Be for at least 12 months within your current level/position
- Notify your direct manager that you are interested in this position
- PDR evaluation must be at least 2 in the last two years
- Have not received any suspension over the last 12 months.
This recruitment process will be conducted only internally.
What can you expect from us:
- A flexible work environment that promotes a healthy balance between personal and professional life;
- A dynamic and inclusive culture;
- A support team that will foster your professional growth and development;
- Opportunity to work with relevant and impactful projects for the business;
- Opportunity to give back to the community with our volunteer programs;
- Online platform available 24/7 to learn new languages at no cost.
At PepsiCo, we recognize that supporting diversity and engagement is not just the right thing to do, it’s the right thing to do for our business.
Our company is strongest when we span the entire spectrum of humanity, regardless of how we look, where we come from, or who we love. Talent diversity and an inclusive environment foster employee engagement, promote creativity, and drive innovation. At PepsiCo we offer unique opportunities to hire qualified and diverse individuals regardless of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disability.
The company reserves the right to modify job requirements, skills and specifications according to its needs.