APM Terminals it is one of the most complete integrated port and land service networks in the world. We are in a unique position to help both shipping and land line customers grow their business and achieve better efficiency, flexibility and reliability in their supply chain.
What do we offer as a company?
APM Terminals Suape offers incredible growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best APM Terminals is undertaking a significant capital project at its newly acquired terminal site in Suape, Brazil. You will be responsible for purchasing, supplies and capital goods for the company including negotiating price, delivery, and credit terms. Evaluates vendors and determines most cost-effective reorder levels as well as the control of the cost related to the project. To ensure that adequate controls are in place by achieving transparency in procurement policies. A key role is to advise senior management on effective strategies for purchasing materials and supplies and procurement procedures and reporting to the stake holders (cost effective and cost control). Establishing and executing the foundation of professional Procurement function at the Terminal jointly with Global Procurement Policies and processes guaranteeing adherence to compliance. If you see yourself as part of a team helping the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, we’d love you to apply for our vacancies!
We are currently looking for a Terminal Procurement Manager. In this role you will play a vital role in our success. If you are interested in our position and want to pursue a career in our company, we invite you to be part of our team!
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for efficient purchasing, supplies and capital equipment for the company. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s).
- Responsible for tender’s procedures, receiving bids, coordinates for committees; evaluating, assessing, and selecting bidders based on capabilities and written criteria.
- Establishes and executes procedures for procurement policy in conjunction with CFO.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Responsible for evaluating, assessing, and selecting vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality assurance. Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records.
- Expedites purchase orders as necessary and ensures delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted manufacturing flow.
- Prepare contracts in collaboration with Legal Department.
- Administrate, coordinate, and cooperatively work with other departments, to resolve all issues relevant to the suppliers.
- Analyze and strive to maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends, pricing, availability, and capacity, technology, and supplier capability relative to the product or parts assigned.
- Assist in actively resisting any supplier request for price increase requiring the supplier to provide adequate documentation and justification to support such requests.
- Supervises the daily requisitions from end user and checks the status of item requested.
- The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific company policies in the management of procurement activities while setting objectives for the company. The position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non-delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function.
- The position has a direct impact on primarily the operational & financial aspects of the terminal & is therefore complex in nature.
- Develop other activities, of same nature and complexity level, according to requests of the area manager.
- Work safely, pointing immediately any risky situation in the company, informing promptly immediate.
- Know significative environmental aspects/impacts related to his/her activities and contributes to mitigation.
- Contribute with the continuous improvement of the environmental performance of the company.
- Contribute meeting the management systems/policies adopted by the company.
- Be liaison role in-Terminal-ground between Terminal and Project stakeholders and overall Procurement function i.e. Asset Category Management (Equipment, Civil)
What are we looking for?
College Degree: Business Management, Accounting, or related discipline. Some formal instruction in engineering or an engineering-related discipline would be desired.
Experience: Strong knowledge in purchasing in private industry, preferably in shipping or transportation industry.
Proven stake holder management knowledge.
Experience with Project Management.
Languages: Advanced in English and Portuguese.
Advanced English Level and Power BI would be beneficial.
If you have been reading until now, we are glad to know that you are interested in this opportunity. And if you want to use your skills to make a difference, apply now!
Join a company that is a world leader as we embark on a digital transformation that will define the industry and revolutionize commerce!
If you like to take on big challenges, the time has come to join APM Terminals Suape!
Learn More About Us
Interested in a career at APM Terminals? Learn more and watch our videos at the following link: www.apmterminals.com/careers
At APM Terminals, we are a team of more than 20,000 employees in more than 60 countries united by a passion to offer our expertise in port operations and container management services. We actively support the progress of the societies around us, allowing local economies to unleash their potential.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit of the Danish Maersk Group, a global Fortune 500 company with around 89,000 employees.
We are ONE MAERSK
A.P. Moller-Maersk is an integrated logistics company working to connect and simplify our customers’ supply chains.
As a world leader in transportation services, we operate in 130 countries and employ around 70,000 people. Learn more about us at: https://www.maersk.com
Notice to Applicants:
APM Terminals is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value diversity and prohibit the discrimination of any applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.